How We Treat Substance Abuse
At Riverwalk Ranch, we take the time to learn about each individual and their recovery goals so that we can formulate the most effective treatment plan possible.
Recovery is an individual journey and it begins with the person that decides to come to our healing ranch. Each person comes with a unique chemical, biological, and psychological makeup, as well as unique experiences, stressors, and trauma that all play a part in their addiction and recovery. In addition, each person comes with their own idea of what they would like their recovery to look like. There are many evidenced based models and supports that can be used to achieve long-term recovery.
When you arrive at Riverwalk Ranch you’ll undergo a comprehensive medical and psychological evaluation that looks at your substance abuse history, co-occurring mental health disorders, and ongoing medical issues. This initial assessment ensures that you receive a customized care that will effectively address your needs. In our treatment program, you’ll work with a primary therapist and multidisciplinary team to collaborate on your individualized treatment plan, focusing on your interpersonal strengths, rehabilitation needs, assessments, and preferences. Your customized treatment schedule is revisited throughout the program stay to look at your treatment progression and to make sure your level of care is still clinically appropriate.
As part of the treatment plan the client may participate in any number of these recovery-oriented services:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI) and Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Traumatic Incident Reduction Therapy (TIR)
- Relapse Prevention
- Medication Management
- Reality and Solution-Based Therapy
Our board-certified Psychiatrists will assess and determine placement into our programs. All clients will have access to:
- Medical Services: Our onsite Medical team is there to address any concerns at every moment.
- Medication Management and Education: Individual and group education performed by qualified staff.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Work one on one with a primary therapist to learn to recognize and correct harmful behaviors.
- Interactive journaling exercises: Express and explores past traumas and motivations.
- Life coaching: Build skills that are applicable in real-world situations.
- Relapse Prevention: Learn tools to maintain long-term recovery.
- Psychoeducation: Learn about co-occurring mental health disorders and their treatment.
- Mindfulness exercises: Learn to monitor one’s own behaviors.
- Trauma-informed groups: Delve into the underlying causes of addiction.
- Gender-based therapy groups: Address the gender-based issues one encounter during recovery.
- Discharge Planning and follow through: Our clinical team will start the discharge planning process on the first day of admission. We will work to establish the safest and most effective plan to safeguard and maintain the work put in during your treatment.
- Relapse Management: Medical education on vivitrol and naltrexone for continued recovery.
- Optional 12-Step programs: A regimented approach to recovery which benefits those in need of a 12-step program.