An Update on COVID-19
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
We want to address concerns about COVID-19
Riverwalk Ranch is dedicated to the health and safety of our clients and staff. Our top priority is ensuring the integrity of our facilities, our client's lives, and our dedicated employees. Riverwalk Ranch is aware of the growing concern of Coronavirus nationwide and in our communities. In response to this situation, our management team has been closely following the Center for Disease Control and the Joint Commission for best practices. Our staff has been trained on the CDC's recommended guidelines for COVID-19 and is actively implementing new procedures into our daily routine. We are rigorously maintaining a safe, sanitary environment including heightened disinfecting and increased hygiene protocols to effectively combat the spread of COVID-19.
We are currently accepting patients in our facility with increased health and safety precautions. We will continue to serve our recovery community in this time of need and as always, our clients’ and staff’s well-being is our Number One priority.
Some of our immediate operation changes include:
- We've added additional sanitary supplies including antibacterial soap, hand sanitizers, antimicrobial wipes, bleach, and disinfectant.
- We have increased the frequency of routine cleaning which includes all frequently touched surfaces in the workplace, such as workstations, countertops, and doorknobs.
- Nursing has implemented additional assessments and screenings specifically for Coronavirus upon intake.
- Check all patients, staff, faculty, students, volunteers, and visitors daily for a fever—the most common symptom of COVID-19
- Ensure the highest level of infection prevention and control, sanitation and hygiene
- Respond quickly to any emerging situation
- Eliminated non-essential business travel, on-site public events, and off-site patient activities through the end of April to reduce exposure risk.
- Staff members experiencing the above symptoms will be asked to stay at home and will need to provide medical clearance before returning to work.
- All Non-Essential Staff began working from home until further notice.
- We are reminding clients, staff, and visitors of proper handwashing etiquette and requiring the use of face masks if respiratory symptoms occur.
- Riverwalk Ranch is working with local and Texas state health officials to ensure we are in full compliance with directives and well informed of new guidelines.
- Employees who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness are recommended to stay home and not come to work until they are free of fever (100.4°F [37.8°C] or greater using an oral thermometer), signs of a fever, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g. cough suppressants).
- All of the direct care staff are undergoing hand hygiene observations and all staff is required to use face masks.
- All essential staff employees will report to their work as usual. We will communicate any updates as needed based on CDC guidelines.
Here are a few highlights on what we are doing within our Admissions Department:
We have added new screening questions to our admissions process such as:
- Are you experiencing difficulty breathing or have a fever?
- Have you been in contact with anyone experiencing these symptoms?
- Have you recently had the flu or experiencing any flu-like symptoms?
- Have you traveled overseas recently? If so When?
- Do you have any respiratory issues?
We will continue to monitor and respond to this pandemic as it rapidly evolves, taking every step to protect our patients, staff, families, and friends. At the same time, we remain committed to welcoming new patients in need of help, providing high-quality treatment to everyone in our care, and serving our communities.
For more information, we encourage you to please take some time to read the Center for Disease Control’s guidelines on the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are grateful for your continued support in these challenging times and look forward to working with you as we remain strong for those in need.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us.